Tuesday, 14 April 2015

On the train today...

I am pretty sure this blog is going to end up being a record of my daily commute on the train into work. Every day something bizarre happens and I think to myself "I have to tell someone about this!"

Today, there was a guy sitting on one of the seats on the train. He would have been in his mid to late thirties. As I got on the train this guy stands up to give his seat to someone who he felt needed it more. Very chivalrous, I'm sure you are thinking. Well, maybe...

Because he didn't give the seat to me, or any of the other women  on the train. He gave his seat to a man. Probably in his fifties, but able bodied.

Now I don't need a seat on the train and I don't expect one to be given to me. But I still can't for the life of me figure out why this guy gave up a seat for another man! It was so weird!

Is chivalry still chivalry when its from a man and directed to a man?

No comments:

Post a Comment