Friday, 15 February 2013

Heading into a storm

These photos were taken on my flight home from Karratha on Wednesday night. We had some pretty wild weather while I was there.

On Tuesday night as I was driving home, the lightning was crashing behind me. It didn't take long for the storm to roll into town. I went to met Boss and some friends at the Tambrey for dinner and I got caught in my car while the rain came down sideways. I got impatient (as I am prone to) and decided to make a run for it. I got saturated of course and while I was in the bathroom drying off the power went out! Being Karratha everyone cheered! But it wasn't long before they shut the place down and we had to move to The Icon for dinner.

On the flight home the pilot announced that he had to detour around a storm. I was lucky enough to be on the right side of the plane to get a good view. I've never seen anything like it! 



No comments:

Post a Comment